New York City, NY - Following a successful debut of his first signature performance shoe, NBA star Austin Reaves and global performance brand Rigorer are set to release their second colorway of the Rigorer AR1.
The new “Stars & Stripes” colorway will be priced at $110, limited to 1,000 pairs globally, and shock-dropped exclusively on KICKS CREW.
The Los Angeles Lakers star has had an impressive summer, from resigning a max contract to now being a key player for Team USA during the FIBA World Cup. Austin debuted this new colorway on-court during the FIBA World Cup and officially revealed it to thousands of fans in Manila, Philippines, during a press event with Rigorer and KICKS CREW.
“I'm glad we could find a partner like KICKS CREW to make my vision of having a high-performance shoe available to fans worldwide come true," said Austin Reaves. "The KICKS CREW team has been thrilled to be the exclusive launch partner for Austin Reaves' signature shoe. We share the same goal of providing fans and consumers accessibility to high-quality products from around the world, and I am proud that KICKS CREW is the platform delivering on that," said KICKS CREW cofounder Ross Adrian Yip when reflecting on his new partnership with Austin Reaves and Rigorer.
The AR1 “Stars & Stripes” launch will mark the second release from Austin’s signature shoe line. This edition features a USA-inspired colorway, combining the iconic white, red, and blue from the American flag, and will be released alongside a specially designed box. It's a tribute to Team USA’s legacy, reflecting the team's triumphs and the current goal of returning to that glory. (The release version will feature the Rigorer crosshair logo in white.)
Engineered to excel, the AR1 features the latest performance technology inspired by Rigorer’s journey in basketball.
Key features include:
- Woven Cocoon Upper represents Austin’s continuous growth; the cocoon-inspired upper offers breathability and lockdown support.
- Showtime Foam Tech Midsole encapsulated in an EVA foam. Rigorer’s latest midsole was designed with players like Austin in mind, who prefer a low-court feel while receiving immediate energy return.
- Bubble Lacing System – an innovative and never-before-seen bubble design utilized on the AR1’s tongue, with encapsulated foam “bubbles” to eliminate lace bite for players.
- Anti-Torsion TPU Plate made with a carbon fiber and nylon composition to enhance midfoot stability while performing lateral movements.
- Anti-Slip Sole with an all-new, zone-patterned traction design engineered with anti-slip rubber for the ultimate court grip.
- Front Sidewall TPU panels are utilized on the lateral sides to enhance forefoot lockdown and eliminate foot slippage.
- Heel TPU to enhance heel stability when landing, preventing severe ankle injuries.
- Anti-Skid Heel – an innovative lining within the heel collar to enhance heel lockdown and reduce injury.
To celebrate the launch of the first AR1 “Stars & Stripes,” Rigorer and Reaves partnered with KICKS CREW to be the exclusive global launch partner, leveraging the platform’s reputation for offering a borderless shopping experience to consumers worldwide. The platform differs from other marketplaces by connecting authorized retailers and brands to its global audience, with a large majority from the US.The Rigorer AR1 "Stars & Stripes" will be released at 11am EST / 8 am PT on September 9th, 2023, with 1,000 pairs available exclusively on KICKSCREW.COM and RIGORER.COM for $110 USD.