New York City, NY - Following the announcement of a multi-year partnership, global performance brand Rigorer and rising NBA star Austin Reaves will launch their first signature shoe, the AR1, on August 11th, 2023.
The debut “Ice Cream” special edition colorway will be priced at $100, limited to 2,000 pairs globally, and available exclusively at KICKS CREW and Rigorer.
The breakout Los Angeles Lakers star has worn Chinese sportswear brand Rigorer throughout the 2023 NBA regular season and playoffs. The long-term partnership is focused on providing high-quality performance basketball shoes at an affordable price point to a global audience.
"From growing up in Arkansas and being undrafted to now having my own signature shoe, this is a surreal moment for me,” said Austin Reaves. “Working closely with the design team, the AR1 is all about maximizing performance and efficiency on the court. The AR1 not only matches my all-around game but is also adaptable to all players."
Ahead of the NBA season, the global launch of Austin’s first signature shoe, the AR1 “Ice Cream”, will be the first series to launch globally. The pastel pink and blue “Ice Cream” colorway – a signature for Rigorer, also pays homage to Austin’s favorite summer treat while growing up in a small town in Arkansas. The inspiration is also evident in the specially designed box that includes two pairs of performance socks.
Engineered to excel, the AR1 features the latest performance technology inspired by Rigorer’s journey in basketball.
Key features include:
- Woven Cocoon Upper represents Austin’s continuous growth; the cocoon-inspired upper offers breathability and lockdown support.
- ShowTime Tech Foam Midsole encapsulated in an EVA foam. Rigorer’s latest midsole was designed with players like Austin in mind, who prefer a low-court feel while receiving immediate energy return.
- Bubble Lacing System – an innovative and never-before-seen bubble design utilized on the AR1’s tongue, with encapsulated foam “bubbles” to eliminate lace bite for players.
- Anti-Torsion TPU Plate made with a carbon fiber and nylon composition to enhance midfoot stability while performing lateral movements.
- Anti-Slip Sole with an all-new, zone-patterned traction design engineered with anti-slip rubber for the ultimate court grip.
- Front Sidewall TPU panels are utilized on the lateral sides to enhance forefoot lockdown and eliminate foot slippage.
- Heel TPU to enhance heel stability when landing, preventing severe ankle injuries.
- Anti-Skid Heel – an innovative lining within the heel collar to enhance heel lockdown and reduce injury.
To celebrate the launch of the first AR1 colorway, Rigorer and Reaves partnered with KICKS CREW to be the exclusive global launch partner leveraging the platform’s reputation for offering a borderless shopping experience to consumers worldwide. The platform differs from other marketplaces by connecting authorized retailers and brands to its global audience, with a large majority from the US.
The AR1 "Ice Cream" will be released at 12pm ET / 9am PT on August 11th, 2023, with 2,000 pairs available exclusively on KICKSCREW.COM and RIGORER.COM for $100 USD. Fans can sign up on the KICKS CREW AR1 event page for early access and a chance to win a free pair.
DOWNLOAD HIGH-RES VISUALS THROUGH THIS LINK